14 August 2009

Math Wish List

"If I were a rich man
(ba da dee da dee da dee da dum)
all day long I'd bee dee bee de dum
If I were a wealthy man!"



A nice set of gram weights. How luxurious.










A beautiful, accurate, expensive scale. Maybe in High School?










We'll get this later, I'm sure. Its only a few dollars. Mirror to show symmetry. Cool.









Geo-solids. Very neat. Of course, I just hand them an orange or point to the globe for sphere; a can of olives for cylinder; remind them of the pyramids for... what's it called? Oh! Pyramid.




This is the three-dimensional base ten set. Exactly the same as my flat cardstock ones but you can hold them and stand them up.

2 comments:

  1. those wooden forms are great for teaching shading while drawing- a flashlight or lamp helps to make it more dramatic and easy to see

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, now that's a great idea that I'd never think of. Double uses = cheaper (in my mind).

    ReplyDelete