10 August 2009

Top 12 Reasons to Ditch Homeschooling

A while ago I made a Top 12 Reasons to Homeschool.

I wanted to follow up with a "Top 12 Reasons to Ditch Homeschooling."


1.) You can blame your child's behavior and bad habits on his peers: they're not his siblings.

2.) You can blame his teacher when your child is "behind:" you're not the teacher.

3.) You would not have to grade papers or keep track of important educational documents or create a transcript.

4.) You would suddenly find yourself having more in common with the people you meet.

5.) You would be relieved of the responsibility to choose the best curriculum for your child.

6.) You could focus on your own personal hobbies or begin to work outside the home.

7.) You would substantially increase the likelihood of having a clean home if no one was in it all day.

8.) You could just complain about your child's environment, teacher, peers, and curriculum instead of being personally responsible for changing or repairing it.

9.) Your public school tax dollars would finally be at work for your family.

10.) You could stop having to justify or prove that your educational choices could be at least as productive as the public alternative.

11.) You could read books that don't use the word "education," "Charlotte Mason," "Trivium," or "self-discipline" in them.

12.) You never again have to answer the question "What about socialization?"

10 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is funny!

    -Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting - this is so funny : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, fabulous! Thank you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Frugal Homeschooling MomAugust 20, 2009 at 11:44 AM

    I enjoyed this post very much! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Popping in from the Carnival. Thanks for the comic relief!

    Cheers,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post. So true...but I won't succumb to the temptation! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me either! Although the one about the house being clean is quite tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got to admit, number 8 looks pretty tempting. But, I'd have to completely give-up on my children to indulge that fantasy, so I think I'll keep teaching them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me too. We had our 1st day of school today and it went fhab-you-luss! Makes you forget the other kinds of days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheers Sister. That was awesome!! My son is 4 (FOUR)! and I'm homeschooling him for Preschool. If I hear ONE.MORE.PERSON say something about socialization I think I will walk away laughing. Great Top TEN!

    ReplyDelete