03 September 2009

Best Lesson Ever

How to Learn About Digestion According to a 1st Grade Boy:

1. Look through The Kingfisher First Human Body Encyclopedia pages about the stomach and digestion. Mimic stomach acids shooting out of firehoses at your unimpressed sisters.

2. Place the stomach and intestines in the right position on the felt body. Go ahead and stick it to your t-shirt too.

3. Read What Happens To Your Food? Be sure to shriek in delight at the picture of the grand finale, the boy on the toilet.

4. Squeeze an apple through one of your dad's tube socks to show how the esophagus moves food by constricting muscles.

5. Prove that food doesn't fall down into your stomach, and that #4 is true, by standing on your head and successfully swallowing a cracker. It didn't fall upwards into your brain, did it?

14 comments:

  1. This is great! Thanks for submitting this to the Hands On Homeschool blog carnival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny! Gotta be creative sometimes and you got it!
    Your post is added to the homeschool carnival at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever lesson plan! I love the tube sock and apple idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love going to the carnival!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was something in the bottom corner of our body encyclopedia. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 5kidsandadog.wordpress.comSeptember 9, 2009 at 10:50 PM

    ROFLOL! My boys loved this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Had to pause for a sec and translate that! Good! I love it when people love what I've written! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful lesson! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your commenting structure is something I've never seen. Hope this works. Couldn't figure it out.

    These are some GREAT ideas. Very cute post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWESOME POST!!!! I can't wait to share this with my boys!! =) Be Blessed!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was pretty proud of myself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate the way my comments are set up, but I can't get it to be different. Glad you jumped through all the hoops to leave a comment anyway!

    ReplyDelete