22 September 2009

Deceptive Advertising

"Ten companies have signed up for the Smart Choices Program so far, including Kellogg's, Kraft Foods, ConAgra Foods, Unilever, General Mills, PepsiCo and Tyson Foods. Companies that participate pay up to $100,000 a year to the program, with the fee based on total sales of its products that bear the seal."

See the green check in the white box on the right side?

Yay! Froot Loops must be healthy! I'm making a "smart choice" when I feed them to my kids!

Hello? Do people really believe that?!

What about a REAL breakfast? Here's a Connecticut school district PDF about the affect of a real breakfast on test scores. Hey, the schools may care about test scores, but I have a personal, vested interest in my kid's ability to focus on their work, do their work, and stop breaking for snacks!

Here's another link to "Healthy Stuff" a group that tested pet supplies, purses and carseats for toxic levels of bad stuff (yeah, I'm so understandable).

1 comment:

  1. Home is Where the Heart isOctober 7, 2009 at 7:44 AM

    My husband and I were just talking about that. Oooh, Froot Loops cereal is HEALTHY now! Let's go get it!! I wonder how many people DO believe that.

    ReplyDelete