29 September 2009

Holiday Missed

"Shoot!" I thought. I totally missed "National Punctuation Day," last week on the 24th. Their motto is "A celebration of the lowly comma, correctly used quotes, and other proper uses of periods, semicolons, and the ever-mysterious ellipsis." Bummer I missed it. I can be a grammar nazi sometimes.

"Teachers and textbooks are not infallible. In fact, no one is. He told us not to let our minds go to sleep, and to speak up if we ever thought he or the textbook was wrong. " A great article called "Cattywumpus" talks about a life lesson from a teacher. I'm going to work it into my Animal Kingdom lesson. My kids probably won't believe me; they're already skeptical... might come from my telling them every night that we're having "Pill-Bug Pie" for dinner.


I also wanted to let you know that the kids and I made it through the Stop Child Trafficking NOW walk on Saturday. Through the mercy of friends and strangers, they made it the 3.5 miles without a tear or tumble. I earned $170 and my team earned over $600. It was great to see so many people who wanted to help. A speaker before the walk told us that when the stakes are raised (like by making it more risky to conduct trafficking) the cowardly pedophiles just crawl back into whatever hole they came out of... the demand drops amazingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment