28 September 2009

I'm Proud!


As a rule I find that homeschoolers are intelligent, thorough and devoted people. We are frustrated when we can't clearly state the why's and how's of homeschooling to those who don't educate at home; we count a few grammar-dictators amongst our ranks; we want to represent our fellow homeschoolers well when we are interacting with the rest of the world.

I commented on a homeschool related article and followed the "thread" for a while. I was so proud of us on a whole: we were so calm, rational, and clear. I have found homeschoolers who return to a comment thread and post corrections to their spelling so that they won't appear ignorant!

Here is the article, it's called "How Much Should Government Regulate Homeschooling?"

What are your thoughts on Obama's suggestion that kids go to school from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.. for a longer school year too?


No comments:

Post a Comment