03 November 2009

Latin from N. Dakota


Hello, my peeps!


My parents came back from North Dakota last week and dove right into a weekend with my kids! They are nuts! but I didn't try to dissuade them.


One of the surprises they brought back with them was the Latin and Greek root study book that I was contemplating buying(English from the Roots Up, Vol. 1)! Wow! So I've looked it over, and it looks really, really good. The author, Joegil K. Lundquist, has a ton of enthusiasm bubbling over. The edition I got is coming off it's spiral binding, and I'm going to have to get it rebound, but the first 4 pages of introduction and how-to are detailed and energizing! She really advocates this kind of study starting in second or third grade. I'm excited to get started, but I am going to restrain myself until the fall next year. (That's the plan right now anyway.)


We'll have to see if any other root/refix curriculum falls into my lap! Also I am waiting with bated breath to hear if I won anything from Rainbow Resource for my review last month. We'll see. Maybe a big honkin' credit at their store will facilitate more curriculum "falling into my lap!"

No comments:

Post a Comment