01 January 2010

Oh. My. Gosh.

Talk about brand loyalty- GUESS WHAT!

I mean, Guess WHO! Guess who posted a comment on my last post before it was even two hours old?! No- it was SUSAN WISE BAUER!!


So, if you were ever curious what a grown woman looks like when she's ricocheting around screeching, you should've been here yesterday morning when I saw that she left a comment on my post about her book!

Of course I left a much more dignified response than that. After I resumed a normal breathing pattern again. *sigh* I've been blogging for 9 months now and that is the kind of encouragement I need to keep going. So thank you, Susan Wise Bauer, for reading that post. Thank you for commenting. Thank you for any other reading you've done here. I think you ROCK!

I knew my dear readers would want to see it: Here it is:

Susan Wise Bauer

That's absolutely right. Further--I actually think it's ideal (as the core text states) that parent/teachers select copywork and narration from the real books that the student is reading for history, science, and literature in order to practice writing skills. (That integrates writing into the rest of the curriculum, again ideal). However, I talk to enough parents to know that many don't have the time or the confidence to do this without step-by-step instructions, thus the workbooks. (And that's also why the workbooks are separate from the core text.) Thanks for your thoughtful reactions to our material.

SWB, 7:56:16 AM

Eee! I responded:

Can I just say that the mere thought that you have read/ been reading my blog about homeschooling makes me faint of heart. Thank you so much for your input- I'm really glad you see that most parents are supremely grateful that you choose the passages for them. Like me. FEEL FREE to comment again. I am a huge fan of WTM.

I'm so pleased you are reading Higher Education!
Click on the post title to leave a comment!
Teresa (Tracy) Dear

3 comments:

  1. I can't imagine your thrill in finding this response, except to know that I"ve felt a wonderful ease when sitting in the homeschool conference meeting rooms while one of the authors of our materials is speaking. Some kind of reaffirming something. We are doing the right thing and the kids won't be any more permanently scarred by our actions from what would have been done in the classrooms of America. I began with the WTM book from the library and am following it along as we go now in our 3rd year of homeschooling. Keep getting out there and doing what you do! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the encouragement! I was so glad to hear from her, although I have to say it was SUPER thrilling to think, because of the timing, that she had read here before. !!!

    ReplyDelete