13 January 2010

Quotes of mama4x


Here are a few things that get said a lot in my house-- the things my kids will probably have on their internal recording. I don't know how I feel about that, but it is what it is for this season.

"Be nice to your sister, she's going to help you decorate your apartment one day."

"Be nice to your brother, he's going to help you fix your car one day."

"If you keep making that whining noise, I will vomit."

"I don't homeschool you so I can yell at you all day."

and the latest: I heard this come out of my mouth last week and I knew it was going to be said again.

"Do you want to own a car or go to Italy one day? Then don't leave things half-done. You know how I know you are getting to be a responsible adult? You look for ways to do extra."

That one happened when I told my oldest to scrape dried play-doh off of the cover of a book. I came back later, and what did I see? A pile of play-doh crumbs beside a book. I told her to look for ways to serve others, which in this instance would include putting all those crumbs in the trash can and putting the book back on the shelf. sheesh.

I'm so pleased you are reading Higher Education!
Click on the post title to leave a comment!
Teresa (Tracy) Dear



1 comment:

  1. Hannah @ A Quiet SpotJanuary 13, 2010 at 3:03 PM

    Ha ha, I know that when my siblings and I get together, one of our greatest bonders is rehashing Mom and Dad quotes, and I can only imagine what my kids will get to bond over when they're grown! My adult siblings already point out that I say to my kids frequently, "Is that kind?" and they -- unkindly! -- make fun of me for it. My siblings, that is. :-)

    ReplyDelete