04 February 2010

Dirty Secrets

Just so that no one feels bad and thinks that anyone has it all together... here are all my dirty little secrets.

-I host things at my house to force myself to clean up
-I don't read to my kids at bedtime
-we read at almost every meal instead of talk
-I yell at my kids
-I almost always have clean laundry on the floor
-I don't change the sheets every week
-I bathe my kids in the morning or midday, never at night
-we don't watch tv but we watch a lot of movies
-I put off cursive till later, although it is important
-I'm going to do root/prefix/suffix study instead of Latin, and
I still consider myself a Classical homeschooler!
-I forget to feed my dogs sometimes
-I love to not put my kids to bed
-I teach my kids to cook so I don't have to feed them
-I really like to nap and read instead of work
-I use disposable diapers and we're not all organic
-I don't go to the library as much as I'd like because I have fines
-the floor in my van is covered with junk and when it gets really bad,
I throw it in the trunk (ouch) till later
-um....

I'm so pleased you are reading Higher Education!
Click on the post title to leave a comment.
Teresa (Tracy) Dear



10 comments:

  1. Hannah @ A Quiet SpotFebruary 4, 2010 at 12:32 PM

    I could relate to some of those, plus I have a few of my own! Let's call them "areas of growth." :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! As clean as my house gets when I AM expecting company, I wonder why I don't have people over more often. :-) Oooh, we're going to do the root words thing instead of Latin too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I think I'll come clean with a post like this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Root studiers unite! (That's prob. not a word) Do your kids say "who's coming over, anyway?" too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was liberating. Just cause I write sometimes people think it's all flawless. Ha! (or maybe I should let them think that!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I identified with many items on your list. I host things at my house so my husband will have to clean the house. Our deal is I do all the food prep and he and the girls clean up (I do get his "buy in" first though). Thanks also for "I love not to put my kids to bed." I can totally identify with that one! I loved this post and it encouraged me when I needed some real life encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I should've clarified that I don't let them roam the house or put themselves to bed... I meant like on nights when I have a class. So glad to encourage!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ABSOLUTELY adore this post!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your honesty! I can certainly relate...

    ReplyDelete