10 February 2010

Love Your Heart by Tim McGraw

"Daddy, I've tried things all day. maybe I don't have as many talents as I thought." Katie frowned.

"It's okay, God gave you lots of talents, Katie." Let's ask Him to help you find just the right one for the Talent Show. Whatever you choose, remember, Mom and I are your biggest fans. I love you, my little girl."

That was an excerpt from Love Your Heart, a children's book by country music artist Tim McGraw and his songwriter, Tom Douglas. Full of beautiful art by Abigail Marble, it showcases an attentive, encouraging father witnessing the unique and generous spirit of his daughter, Katie.

The little girl is in rubber boots and playing outside, cute pj's and chatting with Dad while she eats breakfast, or a frilly dress at the talent show.... always with her hair askew she radiates cuteness and youth. The art is just wonderful.

I was not expecting much from a celebrity children's book, but I was pleasantly surprised. This book has lots of elements that make it a good choice: beautiful watercolors, a present father figure, and a little girl that learns the value of selflessness. It was a nice surprise to find God in here too!

In exchange for writing this review, I received a copy of Love Your Heart, valued at $16.99, for free from Thomas Nelson.



I'm so pleased you are reading Higher Education!
Click on the post title to leave a comment.
Teresa (Tracy) Dear



No comments:

Post a Comment