18 February 2010

Not a Failure


So, you know, if you're reading this, that we follow the Classical Method of educaiton, as outlined in Susan Wise Bauer's book, The Well-Trained Mind: A Guide to Classical Education at Home. I found early after our decision to homeschool that this method appealed to me most, and we dove in.

So I have a plan. I have a goal. I have a vision. That is great, it is just the best. However, it is also a little discouraging when you know you are off the path.

Our life has been a little topsy-turvy since about November. My husband lost his job, we had all sorts of home improvements (and disasters, with the frozen pipe), the holidays, and now this year, continued unemployment.

I have to admit my discipline has been lacking. First I am overjoyed to spend extra time with my hubby. Then I am stressed about money. Back and forth. So our school has been coasting along, math and history. Throw in some Chemistry, the human body... write a paragraph. Listen to the CD instead of painstakingly reading through the book.

Sometimes I just have to call another homeschool mom and have her tell me that the kids will still turn out fine if we have a season like this.


I'm so pleased you are reading Higher Education!
Click on the post title to leave a comment.
Teresa (Tracy) Dear



No comments:

Post a Comment