01 February 2010

Words that Rhyme with Orange by Ross King Music


Words That Rhyme With Orange by Ross King came in the mail and went straight into the CD player. Sometimes when we do a 15 minute clean-up I put on some energetic music. Personally, I can get tired of listening to "heh heh heh heh ha-aa WIPEOUT! da na na na...." again and again, so it was refreshing to pop in this CD and listen to something totally new. It's obvious Ross put a lot of thought into his lyrics, and that he has spent some time with children... my favorite was "Juice Box," (which also featured an artist named Jimmy Needham). His lyrics are funny and original and they encourage kids to enjoy themselves and who they are as individuals.

As someone who has worked previously in childcare centers and a toy store, I know how annoying a lot of music aimed at children can be. This is not that kind of music. I would be glad to listen to this in the car. Even the "gross" song about not eating your boogers, called "Don't Do It" is ok because it's an important lesson for them to learn... and their giggling is so cute, it almost drowns out the word itself.

The song called "Lionmonkeybacondonkey" reminded me of Lyle Lovett's "If I Had a Boat" because it was full of long circular run-on sentences. Except "Lionmonkeybacondonkey" was way more energetic and appealing to kids, and didn't have any curse words in it.... and I really love bacon so Ross's song was really good!

Check out his site... when I was writing this post I was looking around... he's a believer and has adopted two little boys. So he rocks in my book... go buy his CD. Another cool thing, if your kid has an MP3 player or an iPod you can buy one song at a time.

I was blessed to receive a free copy of Words That Rhyme With Orange, at $12 value, for free in exchange for writing this review!

I'm so pleased you are reading Higher Education!
Click on the post title to leave a comment.
Teresa (Tracy) Dear



2 comments:

  1. What a great review! It was like talking with you in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a compliment! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete