05 December 2011

Why I don't Like Moon Sand

Look at those kids! Playing happily with their Moon Sand. Some loving adult invested their money in a battery-free toy for these lucky kids. Aw. How excited they are to mold and shape it. See how they haven't spilled it. None appears to be outside the confines of their little Moon Sand Mat. How idyllic. Hm.

I really dislike Moon Sand. There's a reason for that. I did get some. We used it alot. I didn't throw it out or give it away. By that I mean I didn't actively maliciously by accident throw it in the trash can or Goodwill box. I did, however, sweep it up molecule by molecule off the floor and table and my socks until it was pretty much gone. No, I am wrong. There was quite a bit stuck impenetrably in the crevices and corners of the molding shapes that came with the kit.

It sorta sticks to itself. It sorta sticks to the table. It likes to stick to damp little children's  paws  hands. It also sorta doesn't like to stick to itself and the precious little buildings and creatures you attempt to make seem to slowly melt. Ugh. Ok, I'm done.

I'm so pleased you are reading Higher Education! Click on the post title to leave a comment. Teresa (Tracy) Dear 

3 comments:

  1. I gave up on Moon Sand a LOOOONNNGGG time ago! We've been having fun with Crayola Modeling Magic though if you want to try that. It dries out though so don't leave it open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To a mother of four:

    As a mom, you know how much you love your children. Can you imagine how it would feel to have them taken from you?

    Well, one of the first mothers to home-school her children did lose them, and had to fight the state of New York and the local public school officials to get them back. A short version of her story can be found at http://www.examiner.com/spiritual-perspectives-in-baltimore/in-the-face-of-adversity-the-story-behind-the-home-schooling-movement.

    I am trying to tell the story of this remarkable and courageous woman, and hope you will help me spread the word. You see, she is my mom, and I was one of the first to be home-schooled.

    Will you help me? View the story, and spread the word to your homeschooling friends.

    I do hope you will help me. My best to all moms who home-school. They show their great love for their kids!

    Sincerely,
    Amy B Gracey

    ReplyDelete
  3. my kids got bored of it when they grew up.. so i had to give it away :D nice post by the way :)

    ReplyDelete